Cabernet sauvignon 2012

Cabernet Sauvignon - 2012 copy.jpg

Price:

1 bottle R400 Case of 6 bottles R2 400

Price includes VAT. Prices valid at 14 May 2018.

Submit an order via online form.

Vineyard

SOURCE:

This 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon was produced from fully ripened grapes harvested from Haut Espoir in the Franschhoek region.

WEATHER:

Prior to ripening, the conditions were extremely dry. This however ensured great quality Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz.

HARVESTING:

The grapes were hand harvested in the coolness of early morning on the 4th of April.

Cellar

VINIFICATION:
After de-stemming, only 20% of grapes were crushed slightly. The rest of the 80% were whole berries. All grapes were transferred to open plastic fermenters. Skin contact was done for 3 days, after which some bins were inoculated with yeast and the rest underwent wild fermentation. Malolactic fermentation started spontaneously. Wine was matured for 43 months in French Oak Barrels.

Tasting & Analysis

TASTING NOTES:

The dominant fruits on the pallet are cranberries and plums. The tannins are silky smooth and integrated with oak notes to support the pallet and round off this elegant wine.

FOOD ACCOMPANIMENT:

Red meat especially lamb, game birds, rich meaty casseroles, chargrilled meat or game.

TECHNICAL ANALYSIS:
alc. 16.2% - pH 3.64 - Total acid 6.12 g/l -

Residual Sugar 2.78 g/l

PRODUCTION: 2 700 bottles