Here are a few select links about Haut Espoir.
We welcome reviews and feedback sent to us by email from our visitors or on TripAdvisor.
"As well as working towards biodiversity on their farm and in their winemaking; Haut Espoir also produces a beautiful range of wines with Rob creating different variations of buchu brandy and mead too."
– Lindsay Callaghan - Click here for full review
"The smell is spicy and reminds me of poached plums. In the mouth it is incredibly smooth, with cracked peppercorns and even a bit of aniseed coming through."
– Jamie Who - Click here for full review on his Food Blog
"Rob is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about fynbos and will give you a great introduction to what this unique ecosystem is all about; including the numerous dietary and medicinal uses of the plants. The walk offers breath-taking vistas of the Franschhoek Valley. After the walk, Rob does a lovely wine tasting in their beautifully appointed facilities."
– krisztinav - Click here for full review on a Fynbos Walk experience
"Haut Espoir, well known as being one of the most environmentally conscious wineries in the Franschhoek Valley, recently commissioned an artificial / constructed wetland to treat cellar effluent."
– Franschhoek Tatler - Click here for full review
Haut Espoir is a regular in the John Platter's Wine Guide. Here is the 2015 review with two four star wines:
"Biodynamic farming is a big focus for the coming years, says Rob Armstrong, co-owner of the eco-conscious family farm high on Franschoek's Scherpenheuwel, as is custom-crushing of grapes ofr other smaller-scale producers and thus boosting utilisation of Haut Espoir's facilities, now overseen by Simon Thompson, ex Oldenburg winemaker.
**** Chardonnay 2010
**** Semillon 09
***.5 Cabernet Sauvignon 06
*** Semillon 07, Cabernet Franc 08 & Gentle Giant 09
other media links
- #TasteHautEspoir : Some highlights from our first Twitter Tasting of the Gentle Giant 07 on Incogvino's site.
Franschhoek AGP; finding common ground in wine: Introducing Franschhoek Appellation Grand Prestige via Batonage's site.
- Relax with Dax wrote a wonderful review of his visit to us and the positive impression our environmental approach made on him.
- "Dear Semillon": an Angela Lloyd review of the varietal and why the Appellation Grand Prestige Awards are a welcome initiative.
- Our TripAdvisor reviews from very satifisfied guests!